If you’re interested in working for Skyline Indie Film Festival please send resume and cover letter to:
Skyline Indie Film Fest
7 N. Loudoun Street
Winchester, VA 22601
All festival positions are voluntarily stafffed.
Currently Open Positions
This position requires intense organizational and communication skills. The Operations Manager will provide leadership for all Festival Managers. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Festival Director on all Festival business and will be in charge in the Festival Director’s absence.
The Operations Manager shall:
- Recruit, train and supervise all seasonal operations and venue staff, including Venue Managers
- Work closely with all departments to secure (volunteer) staffing, logistics and overall training needs across the Festival
- Manage the storage, transportation and installation of all event and venue supplies and equipment
- Ensure all Venue Managers are trained properly and equipped with appropriate tools and paperwork (such as, volunteer schedules; policy handbooks; and operations manuals for each venue)
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary permits, insurance and contracts concerning logistics
- Other duties include, but aren’t limited to: oversee all areas of Festival merchandise and displays, event execution, box office activity and parking/shuttle operations
This position requires an individual who is highly organized and highly motivated. Verbal and written communication skills must be outstanding. The Publicity Manager will report directly to the Festival Director.
The Publicity Manager shall:
- Draft/Approve press releases
- Schedule print, radio, and television interviews for Festival Director special guests
- Research pertinent clusters and place ads accordingly
- Promote the festival through festival and filmmaker digital outlets
- Develop existing social media outlets and create dynamic content
- Curate festival press and provide to web developer
- Work with graphic designers on festival promotional art
- Create and distribute a festival newsletter
- Schedule photo events, and manage receptions/red carpets
- Thank you correspondance to special guests, venue owners, sponsors, donors, etc…
The Development Manager shall be tasked with establishing relationships with existing and potential donors and sponsors. This individual shall be confident and tidy, capable of delivering both a successful elevator pitch and a complete presentation with the goal of securing financial assistance for the Festival. The Development Manager will report directly to the Festival Director and will work closely with the Publicity Manager.
- Develop and initiate a year round capital campaign to finance the Festival
- Present to potential sponsors and donors
- Foster existing donor relationships
- Secure new sponsors and partners for the Festival
Programming Manager – FILLED!
The Programming Manager will report directly to the Operations Director and will work closely with the Venue Managers.
- Contact and solicit global participation in the festival from filmmakers
- Create and supervise and coordinate screener’s panel
- Chair the screener’s panel to determine which submissions shall be forwarded to the jury
- Coordinate with the Venue Manager the programming for each venue
- Serve as liaison to applicant filmmakers to resolve submission issues
- Create a database of submissions and log details of each
Venue Manager (2+Positions Open)
The Venue Manager(s) will facilitate and manage all aspects of securing and staffing screening venues for the Festival. This position will report to the Operations Director and will work very closely with the Programming Manager.
- Secure venues for the Festival based on number of official selections
- Train volunteer staff
- Track attendance
- Must be prepared to work A/V equipment
- Emcee and/or facilitate any special event at the venue; Q&A, filmmaker introductions, etc…